Bitcoin: 14% of French people want to invest in cryptosystems

Bitcoin: 14% of French people want to invest in cryptosystems

Bitcoin is by far the best known cryptomony of the French, according to a survey carried out by Ifop for Cointribune.

While Bitcoin surpassed the $50,000 threshold on February 16, its all-time high, 14 percent of French people say they are ready to invest in cryptomoney. This is according to an Ifop poll for the specialist website Cointribune*. As a sign of this growing popularity, 58% of those polled know about cryptomoney, even if 30% of them don’t know exactly what it is. Among them, 83% know about Bitcoin, which remains by far the most popular cryptomony. Other digital currencies, such as Ethereum, Dogecoin or XRP (Ripple) are much less known by the French, respectively by 11%, 10% and 7% of the respondents.

Also read: Bitcoin is setting records, but what can you really do with it?

While 3% of those surveyed have already invested in encryption, 14% would like to take the plunge. Among them, 80% say they need more information about cryptosystems before making the investment. The vast majority of those who have or wish to invest in cryptosystems is motivated by the profit of money (91%), whether in the short or long term. The remaining 9% invest to make purchases, especially on the Internet. Nearly a quarter of the French (24%) also believe that Bitcoin has the potential to become one of the most widely used currencies in the future.

For almost half of those surveyed and connoisseurs of digital currencies, cryptomoney is a profitable investment (51%), a proportion that has risen by 9 points since June 2019. Three quarters of those surveyed, however, consider cryptomoney to be a fad, although this proportion has been falling since June 2019 (-8 points). Finally, 61% of those familiar with cryptomoney believe that it is a means of financing illegal activities (drugs, weapons, terrorism).

* Survey carried out by self-administered online questionnaire from 5 to 10 February 2021 among a sample of 3,013 people, representative of the population aged 18 and over residing in metropolitan France.

Bitcoin: 14% of French people want to invest in cryptosystems
4.9 (98%) 32 votes